Saturday, September 04, 2010

BTG Syndrome!

What's BTG Syndrome? New medical terminologies? Not quite. Disease? Perhaps!

BTG stands for Boyfriend-The-Great (Yeap, just like Alexander The Great!)

In some women's eyes, her boyfriend is the greatest living creature in the world. She eats, drinks, breathes boyfriend, almost that her sole purpose of existance in this world is owing to her boyfriend! Crazy isn't it? Not quite.

I can imagine I'll be told in the face - You probably being jealous! Yeah...right!

One very fine Friday afternoon, I invited a colleague of mine, for the very first time, to go for a shopping spree with me the next day. To my delight, she accepted my invitation. Just when I could almost imagine the clinging sound of the clothes hangers in fashion store, she said something which was really a put-off...

'...but I can only start shopping at 3pm.' She said.

'Why lah? Why wanna waste a good half of Saturday away? ' Me asked.

'Oh, coz that's time I'll probably got back in town, after I sent my boyfriend to the airport. My boyfriend is away for few days, I'm free to do anything for this few days'

(Remarks: She been living in with the boyfriend for some times...for goodness sake!)

So this would place me in... the backup plan for boyfriend-not-in-town? Perfecto! I could imagine if the boyfriend is around, I'll get a straight 'I can't!'

Beggers no chooser right? Hmmm... I need to think twice next time if i can withstand this cruel reality before I invite her again. Time to put up my best smile and try to make more new friends i hope!

I once invited my cousin's girlfriend to follow one of my 'home-visit' trip back to Penang.'Wanna follow me back to Penang and eat all the yummy sinful hawker food?' Me asked.

'I want!!!' She sounded excited.

'Come-lah! Follow me back this round. I'll bring you around makan-makan!' I told.

'Have to ask him. Been waiting for him -lah!' She looked towards my cousin with enquiring eyes.

'See first...' Cousin replied.

'No need to wait for him lah, I am inviting you now. You just need to say yes. I have place for you to stay too!' Me suggested.

Anyway, I got an sms from her next day: Thank you so much for inviting me to Penang. So sorry WE won't be able to make it this time...and thanks for invited me to stay at your place too, eventhough I'm still an outsider..."

What the heck! What era this young gal was born in? I always thought this 'outsider' theory would have obsoleted by 2010? NO???

If these are the 'values' I have to embrace to be in a relationship, I think I need to prepare to 'celebrate' my singlehood a lil longer...I just refuse to be caught with BTG Syndrome for the time being.

Hey it just crossed my mind: BTG could also be the initials for "Batang".... Batang Syndrom!

I guess I am just not desperate enough to go through this syndrome for... 'Batang' as yet. Ahhemmm!!!

Cheers to the fellow swimmers in the sea of loveeeeee... be careful of sea/BTG sick!

I guess I prefer lazing on sun deck, sipping pina colada while checking out nice tight butts under the disguise of my sunglasses, for the time being!

No comments: